Wednesday, May 22, 2013

25th Entry - Bloom Where You Are Planted!

Greetings in the Holy Name of Our Savior, Jesus, the Messiah!
I saw this motivational poster which was a picture of a dry, rocky ground with a beautiful flower growing up through the cracks.  It was flourishing in the most hostile environment!  It reminded me of the scriptures about how if God feeds the grass in the fields, how much more does He take care of you!
Being sick, in pain, hungry, poor, homeless, rejected, abused, etc. can make you wonder how it is even possible to flourish in such hostile conditions.  Should we just give up?  Although some of us seem to endure more hardships than others, we MUST press on toward the goal of Glorifying our Creator and Savior.  The hard times are when we are growing and/or learning the most.  Since only God knows what is coming up in our future, we must trust Him to deliver us through the hard times.
I went back and re-read my blog from the beginning (again).  Do you remember how desperate and confused I was?  Do you remember how I wrote about having no furniture, etc.?  Well, I would like to update you on that progress.  We now have two (yes, 2) sofas, chairs for our dinner table, an small recliner, a microwave, toaster, mixer, refrigerator, and best of all, we both are sleeping in our own (not sharing) queen sized beds!  Although we have been washing our clothes in the bathtub for the past 8+ months and desperately need a washer, we are grateful for all that God (and His people) have Blessed us with.  We have learned to endure the hard times and wait on God.
Sometimes well meaning people will give us broken items and/or expired food from the food bank.  We never disparage their well meaning efforts.
Because of your fervent Prayers for me and my daughter, God has heard you!  He has not only Blessed me with my needs, He has Blessed me with this blog which has morphed into my Mission to serve and Glorify God.
No matter what hardship you are going through, God is there with you.  Pray, listen, wait, learn.
Every day I bring each one of you reading this blog to the Throne of God for His Mercy, Healing, Blessing, Patience, and Guidance.
Take a deep breath.  
God Loves you!  
Bloom Where You Are Planted!


No comments:

Post a Comment